What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which crankshaft position sensor is CPS1?

I am installing the Rotax 912iS into my RV12iS. The KAI said to see which of the two connectors had the yellow mark before disconnecting the two CPS wires, so I did that and marked the wire from the mating connector with yellow tape. But now that it's time to reconnect them, I see that BOTH connectors have yellow marks. One has a single mark and the other has two, of which one is faded. So I don't know which of them is the connector that I identified previously.

To resolve this, I need to know whether the upper crankshaft position sensor is CPS1 and the lower one is CPS2, or vice versa. Unfortunately I can't find this information in any of the publicly-available Rotax manuals. I suspect that the wire and sensor marked with two yellow marks is CPS2, but I'd rather know for certain.

Can anyone tell me which is CPS1 and which is CPS2?

See Heavy Maintenance Manual section 76-50-00, page 14. Also 76-70-00, page 13.IMG_1370.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Bob, thanks for that. The second page you attached shows exactly what I needed. I was using Edition 2 of the manual, which doesn't have that illustration.

Last edited:
Back