What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which Cherry Max Riveter?

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I have decided that I want to own a Cherry Max riveter for occasional use when it is 'the right tool for the job'. I realize that I won't use it a lot so I will watch e-bay and try to find a used or rebuilt one at a reasonable price. I want to be able to use 1/8", 5/15" and 3/16" Cherry Max rivets, I think!!! Question is which model Cherry Max Riveter do I want? Seems to be quite a few models available. Could a few of you with experience along this line please advise - thanks in advance.

The conventional $8.00 pop rivet puller sold in the aviation section of Wal-Mart worked for me on the 1/8 and 3/16" rivets...

Kyle is right, you don't need a special CherryMax rivet puller to set CherryMax rivets. They have a "driving anvil" collar so you can use a std puller.

If you are talking about a Cherry Lock or Hy-Lok rivet, then you will need special tools.

Which Cherry Max Riveter

This forum is awesome - you two gentlemen just saved me a lot of $$$$$. Thanks for the imput. I really appreciate your help.

Which Cherry Max Riveter

If you pull a lot of rivets (RV-10's have tons) get a Harbor
Freight pneumatic one for under $50.00 on sale.

riveter

If you can score a genuine Cherry hand puller, it is well worth the money. I got mine at a yard sale, believe it or not. It has a slender head, and is very compact. Much better than ones from the Depot and such.

2 cents...Chrishttp://www.vansairforce.com/community/images/icons/icon10.gif
Talking

Back