What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to put bus'

shiney

Well Known Member
Where is the best place to put main and essential bus? on RV7 Tip up. I don?t want to cut inspection panels into the fuselage so I need to put them where I can get to them but I also have an array of other gadgets to go in. Any advise would be appreciated and if possible, any pics.

Shiney :)

Since no one has responded, here's where I put mine:

Main bus on left, E-bus on right. Be aware that water can leak through the gooseneck gaps and also through the little openings created by flutes in the seal support angle. Hasn't caused me any problems...yet. Enough to feel a few drops on my shins while waiting to depart OSH though. Adding sealant to the flute openings is on the low-priority to do list (it never rains in California, after all), kind of wish I'd done it before permanently installing the canopy.

Hope this helps.

Shiney:

Not enough info in your request. Are you using breakers or fuses; toggle switches, rocker switches or switch breakers? EXP bus? Day VFR, night VFR or IFR?

Can't offer advice or pros & cons without the whole story (or at least enough of the story).

Jekyll

Back