What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

where to position electronic magnetometer for Odyssee?

jrvssgl

Well Known Member
I just can not come up with any good location for the magnetometer sent out for my ODDYSSEE install. It is supposed to be located where there is no metallic interferance. If anywone has these installed, where is the ideal location, and how was it attached. My aircraft is an rv-7 WITH sliding canopy. Thank you

Rear

Hi Jarvis,
We mounted my buddy's under the tail fairing, about 6" ahead of the stabilizer spar and it seems to work ok. The only metal back there are the bolts in the spar, but they don't seem to interfere. Others have built a shelf behind the baggage area and say it works fine under the aluminum.

Regards,

Dynon Pic

img1069rsdu8.jpg

I reworked my Dynon mount a few days ago, had it on the floor but moved it due to possible oil canning. Easy to make mount.
I used nutserts and brass studs then put brass nuts under the magnetometer for fine adjusting, once adjusted lock it down with the top nuts. Be sure there is no twist before tightening. This might work for other units?

Wing Tip

I mounted my GRT magnetometer in my wing tip. It seems to work great out there and was an easy install.

Back