What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to go for IFR pitot/static/xpdr

walkman

Well Known Member
Need to get my pitot static xpdr cert done. Have new GRT HXr EFIS. Where is a good place to go that is experimental/EFIS familiar?

Stark in Columbus, GA. $225. Starkavionics.com

find and fix your leaks before you go. I used a length of surgical tubing and a turkey injector syringe. Pull it to 1000' AGL and see that it don't leak more than 100' per minute.

6A2, Griffin

I use David Gardner in Griffin. He has helped me out on various avionics "issues" and does all of my IFR certs.
His phone is 770-584-4760

Last edited:
Custom Avionics in Bartow, FL (KBOW). 863-533-1575. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Stark in Columbus, GA. $225. Starkavionics.com

find and fix your leaks before you go. I used a length of surgical tubing and a turkey injector syringe. Pull it to 1000' AGL and see that it don't leak more than 100' per minute.

Alton

Can you expand on this procedure?

also, the GRT HXr has the provision for adjusting based on an "air data set". What is this, how do I obtain/use it etc?

cheers!

Hi Walkman,

See page 9-1 of the HX User Manual for the Air Data Test Set altimeter calibration procedures. Your HXr will use the same procedure.

Merlin Grigsby in Hendersonville, TN (Merlin's Avionics Service) is familiar with GRT installations. He certifies all of the transponder and pitot/static systems in the Jabiru and Lightning LSAs built in Shelbyville. He is also quite a remarkable character! He'd probably be willing to meet you in any airport in Middle TN. PM me if you want his number. I don't think the one found on Google is current anymore.

Katie

Back