What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to find weights of engine components?

Vlad

Well Known Member
Brother aviator and experimentalist from Faraway Airstrip is doing some R&D on traditional aircraft engines. He is asking if there is any information available online on engine components weight. Crankshaft, pistons, rods, sump etc. the more the merrier. Where can I find the weights on individual components?

Weight of Engine Parts

Comrad Vlad: My IO-320 is not yet assembled. If you don't find what you are looking for I could weigh individual components and post results for you.

Don Broussard
RV-9 Rebuild in Progress

Comrad Vlad: My IO-320 is not yet assembled. If you don't find what you are looking for I could weigh individual components and post results for you.

Don Broussard
RV-9 Rebuild in Progress

Don thanks. I will ask him what specific components he is interested in and let you know tomorrow.

Don thanks. I will ask him what specific components he is interested in and let you know tomorrow.

If you pass him my email address I can help him out. I'm the shipper for Eagle Engines and can tell him exact weights on whatever parts he needs to know about. From mags/starters/crankshafts/crankcases/rods/pistons/ and even most nuts and bolts. [email protected]

If you pass him my email address I can help him out. I'm the shipper for Eagle Engines and can tell him exact weights on whatever parts he needs to know about. From mags/starters/crankshafts/crankcases/rods/pistons/ and even most nuts and bolts. [email protected]

Matt appreciate it. Email is on the way and he is watching the thread too.

No problem we are here to help. I deal with all things parts-related and if I don't know the answer I will find it for you.

Back