What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to buy brand new RV-10?

alexvds

I'm New Here
we are wondering to export RV-10 experimental allready full plane build to Brazil and dont know where to start? is only to built your self or is there any store that can we buy a new plane? and where is the best price in us? this will be without tax because is to be exported and what is more easy send by ship of fly to there?

Tanks for all help!:D

DIY Only

If you want a brand new RV-10 never been owned by someone else - you will have to build it yourself, or contract someone to build it for you. There is no turn-key option available from the factory. You might as well as look at the Cirrus or similar planes if you want turn key brand new. There are options for buying used RV-10 many of which will have less than 1,000 hours. Building is a disease, and most builders can't wait to build another plane.

Look on here for RV-10 for sale or at Barnstormers.com or any of the other usual places.

I searched RV-10 on Barnstormers.com and came up with 3 RV-10's ranging from $169k to $250k. Highest time was 296 hours.

Yes, there are.

There is a company in South Africa that will build you a brand new -10 and also another in Russia.

Saint Aviation in Florida will build a -10 to at least the quickbuild stage in Equador and finish it here.

Hopefully, either the South Africans or Russian builders will see your post and reply.

They don't fall under the 51% rule like we Americans do.

Best,

Rumor has it there is a factory in South America producing 10 - 12 RV's a month. Most are 10's.

Last edited:
I would check with saintaviation.com They perhaps can build the whole thing in Equador for you. Very good workmanship and quality people to deal with.

Bob

built RV-10

Although I am against the whole professional build concept, I agree that for a Brazil aircraft Saintaviation is the best option. They help others learn a trait in sheet metal and do a far better job than the company Vans uses for their quickbuilds. The Saint aviation tanks don't leak for example ;-)
The aircraft is built in Equador, so it would be much easier to ship to Brasil than from the EEUU.
Call Jesse at Saint he will help you out regardless of what you decide to do.
Good people!

If you do decide on building in the states . . .

If I remember correctly you can have an rv-10 built for you, 100%, in the states and then shipped to Brazil and get it inspected/registered. If you don't find what you are looking for in South America, there are really experienced people all over the country who could do this for you. I would recommend Dave Saylor at Aircrafters, in Watsonville CA. He has over 15 years experience in the kit market and has done multiple builds for people overseas.

aircraftersllc.com

Good Luck!!

One available soon!!

Check with Float208 on this forum. He is building a 10 that he plans to sell. His work is incredible. If you contact him now you can probably customize the panel to your specs. The plane should be ready for flight by January.

we are wondering to export RV-10 experimental allready full plane build to Brazil and dont know where to start? is only to built your self or is there any store that can we buy a new plane? and where is the best price in us? this will be without tax because is to be exported and what is more easy send by ship of fly to there?

Tanks for all help!:D

I suggest checking out this site: http://www.abraex.com.br/ I think it's the Brazilian equivilant of the EAA and they might be helpful, at least in figuring out how to import the plane into Brazil.

Also, I think you can buy a completed RV-10 in Brazil from these guys IIRC: http://www.flyer.com.br/

Last edited:
Back