What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where To Buy 4MM Pulled Rivets?

Geico266

Well Known Member
Is there a VAF member that sells rivets or does anyone knows where to get 4MM domed head aluminum pulled rivets?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Larry...could you use...

Is there a VAF member that sells rivets or does anyone knows where to get 4MM domed head aluminum pulled rivets?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

...5/32 pulled rivets?

4 mm = 0.1576 inches

5/32 = 0.15625 inches

You probably could not drill the holes any closer in tolerance...:)

5/32 "pop" type rivets are common....

...5/32 pulled rivets?

4 mm = 0.1576 inches

5/32 = 0.15625 inches

You probably could not drill the holes any closer in tolerance...:)

5/32 "pop" type rivets are common....

I'm helping a guy look this up, I'll pass it on. That should work I would think.

Thanks Gil!

Well Gil, no joy. The 5/32 rivet shaft is great, but the head size is quite a bit larger for some reason. We are doing a repair and would like the manufaturer's head to match. The manufacturer has a 7,000 rivit minimum order to make them, but we only need 250 tops.

Anyone else have any ideas where to get 4MM pulled rivets?

Larry,

Gesipa ( gesipa.com ) hat two different rivet head diameters. They're based in europe but do have importers in the US also.

Kind regards,

Mario

Well, you never mentioned....

Well Gil, no joy. The 5/32 rivet shaft is great, but the head size is quite a bit larger for some reason. We are doing a repair and would like the manufaturer's head to match. The manufacturer has a 7,000 rivit minimum order to make them, but we only need 250 tops.

Anyone else have any ideas where to get 4MM pulled rivets?

...the head diameter requirement....:)

Check out this site, many different makes listed here with head dimensions...

http://www.crawfordproducts.com/index.htm

It seems that about 0.300 is sort of a standard head diameter.

I bet there is also a large range of head diameters for "4 mm" rivets too - it sounds like you need them from a specific manufacturer.

Good luck hunting.

Back