What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where did you locate your fuse panel?

dwilson

Well Known Member
Looking for the best place to locate my fuse panels (ala Bob Knuckols) in my RV-10.

Thinking about the side walls just under the air vents. Any better ideas?

Thanks

Mine are on the subpanel, facing aft. Not the best access with everything installed, but good enough. Access is great until I put in the EFIS screens.

-Rob

Flip down panel, hinged at the subpanel. Used a single camlock to hold up even with bottom of panel cross-brace.

Bob

Fuses? What fuses?

Just use a Vertical Power unit like Ivan and Art did on Ivan Kristensen's panel. The VP-200 display unit is mounted on the lower console. The VP-200 control unit is mount behind the sub-panel.

My panel is very similiar to Ivan's, but at the moment he's flying and I still have probably another year to go.

Image-5187035-85488749-4-WebSmall_0_0f8b6f3b44bac4eee262f0853fe85859_1

Drop-down fuse panel, main and avionics blocks. Light, simple, reliable, accessable. The two spring clips against the forward bulkhead hold it up in flight. This is an 8, but I assume the 10 has a similar cross brace.

Last edited:
Drop-down fuse panel, main and avionics blocks. Light, simple, reliable, accessable. The two spring clips against the forward bulkhead hold it up in flight. This is an 8, but I assume the 10 has a similar cross brace.

OMG! You used colored wire! :cool:

I was going to hinge mine on the sub panel, as others have done. But I finished up mounting them where I could reach them through the chart box opening, and fab'd a draw for the chart box that I could slide out to access the fuses.

Back