What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where are you mounting your EXP2BUS

I took the switches off the pcb and will be remote mounting the pcb on a bracket behind the panel. I want to make it easy to pull the inst panel.

Sorry, no pictures, I haven't finished it yet.

Do you really want an Expbus2? I have one and wish I didn't! Once installed its difficult to add new circuits (I know you don't think you will now, but ...). You will also need the annunciator panel to tell you what is going on. After 7 years I believe mine now has a pcb problem that gives me intermittent brown outs. I would buy Bob Nuckolls book and use a fuse panel - it's cheaper, more flexible and more reliable.

Pete

Hi Al,
Give me a buzz at the house before you spend your hard earned money. I really don't think you want one of these.

ANy Rv8s using the EXP2Bus?
Where and how are you mounting yours?Any pics would be helpful
Thanks

Hey Rick:
I allready bought one. Thats not to say I cant Re-Sell it. I had one in my last plane and had no problems.
Ill give You a call.
AL

I installed mine right under the AFS-3500.
On the right side of the panel I have everything terminating at a dropdown panel with terminal strips. If I decide to change it down the road I can take out the terminal strips and install fuse blocks and redo with toggle switches. So far it looks good. I have seen about 5 of them at flyins and never heard any problems so far. We shall see.

Fuselage%201280.jpg

Fuselage%201281.jpg

Fuselage%201282.jpg

Al,
I purchased the exp buss with the toggle switches, mounted it on the right switch panel. I would think you could mount the rocker switch type here to. By the way, the RV8 empennage kit I purchased from you has about 75 hrs on it now.:D

P9040018.JPG

Great!
How are ya, Bill?
I didn't think the Circuit board would fit under that side panel. If so, thats a great spot for it. Where did you put the annunciator panel?
AL

Back