What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When to rivet the F-715 curved outboard seat rib

sglynn

Well Known Member
Remember the curved outboard seat rib F-715? When did you rivet it to the mid-fuselage frame and bottom skin? Can I do it when I'm riveting the other seat and cargo ribs to the bulkheads and bottom skin, or do I need to leave it clecoed for now, because there is something coming in the future that requires its removal? I'm reading ahead but can't tell. I do see the side skin needs to be match drilled through it, but I don't see removing the rib for that? Or maybe I do for dimpling.

thanks

I can't say if you would run into problems if you did it now, but perhaps there is something I am not considering.

I riveted mine to the belly assembly just before the fuse went together for riveting.

One piece of advice... Most of the rivets through the skin and rib are universal head, but there is a rivet I would change to a flush head rivet. It's the rivet directly above the rear spar attach bars. It seems that many people have had issues with this rivet hitting the rear spars, and a a flush rivet eliminates that problem.

You can see it here right below (in the pic) the rear spar bars. Just don't pay attention to the tape and scrap AL, explanation here.
090520_002.JPG

Last edited:
Back