What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When to mount fire wall recess?

Finish your wiring

Charles,
I delayed as long as I could. I had the engine on the hoist ready to slide into place before finally giving up and rivetting the recess in place. I did this about 2 weeks ago.

The recess hole was really nice while doing the firewall penetrations. You can do them from the top but it is easier with the recess out of the way.

Charles,
I delayed as long as I could. I had the engine on the hoist ready to slide into place before finally giving up and rivetting the recess in place. I did this about 2 weeks ago.

The recess hole was really nice while doing the firewall penetrations. You can do them from the top but it is easier with the recess out of the way.

Ditto.

As a matter of practice, don't close off easy access (firewall recess, top fuse skins, bottom wing skins, etc.) until you absolutely have to.

I did mine right away

I did mine right away and ran my control cables for throttle, mixture and carb heat through it. The prop control cable penetration is far off to the left.

Bob Axsom

Back