What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When to install Autopilot Servos

jsenft

Well Known Member
When do you install the auto pilot servos? I am building my wings and I have not seen instructions for the Autopilot servos.

I'm all the way through the finish kit and don't have any servos. You can't install them until you get them in the avionics kit.

If you are talking about the brackets for the servos, they are installed in the fuselage as you build it. One goes under the pilot's seat and the other goes just aft of the baggage wall in the center tunnel.

What I and others have done, is buy the servos only from Vans earlier in the build, when they are much easier to install. I would recommend doing that.

I bought my AP servos early on, when I bought the fuselage. Remember that the AP is an option, in addition to the avionics kit.

I just recently installed the servos, while completing the finishing kit. Easy, quick, installation! Wiring and brackets will already be in place, when you are to the point of the finishing kit (as others have previously stated).

Back