What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When can I rivet my FF recess

shiney

Well Known Member
I think I'm ready to rivet the FF recess but I wanted to check with builders first before wishing I hadn't done it. I have drilled all FF holes, positioned the airflow fuel pump and drilled the platenuts for the housings. The rudder pedals and brake lines are all finished waiting fixing etc. I keep looking at the recess panel and thinking it looks ready to rivet but I'm not sure if there is anything I should do before it gets hammered home!

Shiney :)

Mine looked ready to rivet the day I got my QB fuselage! That recess panel sat on my workbench for 9 months before I did it. I can't remember exactly when I did it, but it was just before hanging the engine mount to the firewall. Sounds like you're about at that stage.

rudder pedal center bracket

The recess will get in the way of riveting the rudder pedal center bracket. I waited until the bracket was installed.
Aaron

The recess will get in the way of riveting the rudder pedal center bracket. I waited until the bracket was installed.
Aaron

I waited until the entire FWF was complete then used s/s pop rivets to attach. Coated rivet heads and seams in high-temp silicone.

A bit of a pain to do, but can be achieved.

Back