What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

whelen strobe supply

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
An help needed. After crimping my molex for left/right wing/tail strobe lights on the pack supply I have 3 wires of shielded (one each 3awg18 hight current wire), its not clear for me where I must connect this shielde wires - nowhere, @ ground on the strobe pack power supply, @ airframe ground ?

thanks in advance

Just as long as you ground only one end of each wire to the airframe, you are fine. Doesn't really matter which end you ground. Good Luck.

An help needed. After crimping my molex for left/right wing/tail strobe lights on the pack supply I have 3 wires of shielded (one each 3awg18 hight current wire), its not clear for me where I must connect this shielde wires - nowhere, @ ground on the strobe pack power supply, @ airframe ground ?

thanks in advance

You can find and read their installation manual on their website.

A related question. If all the strobe shields are grounded at the power supply, does the (-) power lead also connect to the ground at the airframe location of the strobe, or can a (-) wire be taken back to the firewall and grounded there?

A related question. If all the strobe shields are grounded at the power supply, does the (-) power lead also connect to the ground at the airframe location of the strobe, or can a (-) wire be taken back to the firewall and grounded there?

Read my previous post.....Normal practice is to ground the negative conductor to the airframe at the power supply.

Returning the negative wire to the firewall does nothing to reduce noise or improve the operation of the strobes.

Back