What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel pant intersection & gear leg intersection fairings

Mike Coady

Well Known Member
Can anybody tell me if there is an after market manufacturer that offers intersection fairings that are similar to what Cessna uses, that are simply screwed on?

Fairings, Etc. is the company most guys get their fairings from. They fit better than the Vans intersection fairings, and I think are a little stronger, too. They do get mounted with screws, but how you skin that cat is up to you. Some guys go with 2 or 3 small sheet metal screws to attach them, while others add a plate-nut to the inside of the belly skin.

Rv bits

Check out Jan Hannekom's site rvbits.com . He has just what you need. From what I have read they fit right out of the box

I also used Jan's RVbits pant & intersect fairings (on my RV-8) they fit perfectly on the right wing, and showed me precisely where I didn't fit the left wing root fairing perfectly!
I used plate nuts & screws, it works well, and I can shift that right intersect fairing around as soon as I do my part & fit the wing root fairing a bit better.
Meanwhile, the airspeed did increase. :D

I think "fit" is a relative thing. You can just screw any of them on but if you want them to look really great and be something you are proud of it will take some work.

Check out Jan Hannekom's site rvbits.com . He has just what you need. From what I have read they fit right out of the box

Another shout-out for RV Bits ... They fit beautifully, look great, and the shipping from S. Africa is amazingly quick.

Thank you for the info. I think I'm gonna leave the pants etc off for my first few flights at least. And, I'm looking At July for first flight. Getting excited and a little nervous. It's been 4 1/2 years here and a little over 1,200 thus far building. Thanks again for the advice from the Airforce!

Back