What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel bearing part numbers

RV10inOz

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I have the main gear bearing number, LM29749 however without drawings close by and the bearings still in the nose wheel, I do not have the nose wheel number.

Is there any chance somobody has them not installed or drawings close by that can post me an answer in the next few hours so I can buy some enroute to the hangar :)

With all the rain and very wet runways it seems you can get bearing damage easily enough. Annual Inspections are a tedious but wonderful thing!;)

Hi dave,
this may help ???? :(
They are made by timken. LM29749 ( part number from your post )
http://www.skygeek.com/lm29749-20629.html

My 7A P/N from vans is LM-67000l-A. ( nose wheel )
I did a search at Vans http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/parts.txt but can not find your number listed.

My mains are WHL 5.00 BEARING CONE 214-00400 BEARING ( Vans list ) are my mains the same size as you nose wheel ?

I will be at YCAB later today.

Last edited:
They are not called out in the drawings but I think Jamie is correct; they are the 5.00 wheel bearings. I'd check to make sure, though, before buying any or at least make sure you can return/exchange them if you need to. I'd check my wheel for you but I'm nowhere near my hangar.

Strike what I just said. In reading the drawings, the nose wheel bearings have a built in rubber dust shield so they cannot be the same as the bearings used in the smaller RV mains.

Last edited:
YES they do have the rubber seal.

I am kicking myself now for not taking the details down before :mad:

My nose wheel has

Timken LM67000LA.

It is also available from US Bearings and Drives, Div of Motion Industries, Fargo ND, 800-333-5528, Ask for Kyle, $25.62+shpg, ships from Chicago Branch.

Thanks Wayne

Now it is on record here for anyone else who may want to search for it in future.

:)

Back