What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What's your nose weight?

aerhed

Well Known Member
I'm looking at some scales. Will a single 440LB scale work for the nose, or does it weigh in higher?

245 lbs on mine I think I'm probably on the lighter side, had a friend that was 290 something, but had a Constant speed prop

On our 10

353 on the nose, 630 and 635 on the mains.

Full interior and painted wings, tail and cowling, but not fuselage.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I hadn't looked up anything, but I was guessing 300-350 would be ballpark. These new 440lb bathroom scales work with strain gauges and might work pretty well. I'm gonna buy 5 of them and double up on the mains. Anyone else done it this way? I've done this with mechanical scales, but this seems like it will work better. They're only about $20 apiece on Ebay.

Thanks guys. I hadn't looked up anything, but I was guessing 300-350 would be ballpark. These new 440lb bathroom scales work with strain gauges and might work pretty well. I'm gonna buy 5 of them and double up on the mains. Anyone else done it this way? I've done this with mechanical scales, but this seems like it will work better. They're only about $20 apiece on Ebay.

Are we getting soooooo fat that scales are now up to 440 pounds? Sheez!

Yeah, I guess some of us are. Bigger chairs & car seats too. A 440 scale holds 3 of me. Last time I did this I could only get cheap 280lb scales.

Back