What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What's included in the Skyview SLSA RV-12

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
Is there anyplace that has a list of the included capabilities in the SkyView installed in SLSAs by Vans?......or supplied in the E-LSA kits? ...and is there a difference?

For instance are an autopilot and ADS-B included or is it possible to have them included for more money?

Thanks,
EBB

Not sure if I can answer your question, but unlike the old D180, the Vans supplied Skyview is NOT locked. In fact I removed the startup RV12 logo even.
The Skyview system will do far more than Vans uses it for, for instance I have added a nav/com, MAP, and fuel air ratio to the screen.
The way it works is pretty much you buy the "boxes" from Vans or Dynon, add them on and fly. I do not know what the factory build has installed, but the ADSB in and out as well as AP are almost standard these days.

I believe this question was answered in another thread that you started. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=104081
Please recheck the reply there, plus...

The AP software comes with the Skyview. To have an AP you just add the servos. These are an optional item in the kit.

For all the capabilities go to dynonavionics.com.

ADSB is an optional box, antenna, and cable that you can get from Vans, or from Steinair and add it yourself to an ELSA, or specifiy it to be included in an SLSA you order (if they take more orders.)

Back