What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"What's Happening at Van's Aircraft"

Yes i went

I left when they started talking about all the new manufacturing processes to get data on cycle time and such. Seems like data paralysis is coming. I wish them well. JMHO. RV15 does not appear to be in immediate future.

Yes i went

I left when they started talking about all the new manufacturing processes to get data on cycle time and such. Seems like data paralysis is coming. I wish them well. JMHO. RV15 does not appear to be in immediate future.
Got to know your part cycle time from raw stock to deliverable component, to ever get your hand on costs. I used to do the materials costing for a bunch of in house designed and built instrumentation equipment. Our pricing guys went berserk when they found out what the real cost of materials for a lot of stuff was. We had been using factory scrap to build stuff for so many years, they had no idea. When I went back to production, we were still using scrap for most everything, but costing out the parts as though we were buying the material. A number of parts went under redesign, as the indications were that we were going to loose the ability to get the large scrap sections we made them from. Not having free sections of 5" thick aluminum plate to hog out certain chassis's from really was going to hurt....

Back