What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What type of Fuel senders

Capacitive or resistive work just fine. With the capacitive you will need Dynon's capacitive converters.

Van's resistive

Never had a problem and work for any type of fuel... I believe for capacitive you have to calibrate for different fuels...like 100LL and mogas.

Save yer money and KISS....I've not heard of folks having issues with the Van's resistives but I sure hear of issues with capacatives..

If it ain't broke, don't ry to improve it...:)

I've got the stock fuel senders that come with the kit and they work just fine with my Dynon 120. They are very accurate. Don

I installed the Dynon capacitance senders. They work right out of the box and they only cost $50 each. Check the Dynon site for details.

Different dielectric constants

Never had a problem and work for any type of fuel... I believe for capacitive you have to calibrate for different fuels...like 100LL and mogas.

Save yer money and KISS....I've not heard of folks having issues with the Van's resistives but I sure hear of issues with capacatives..

If it ain't broke, don't ry to improve it...:)

Frank is right. Different grades of fuels have different dielectric constants. Everything else being the same, the capacitance is directly proportional to the dc. Different kinds of fuel have different dc affecting accuracy. Ethanol has a dc about 12 times that of gas. All of this means recalibration each time the fuel mix changes. If you are contemplating mogas, stick with the floats.

http://vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=21911

Back