What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to do after work?

DougJ

Well Known Member
On those days when I'm able to get away early enough, I'll sometimes sneak in a quick .5 flight. Out from under the class C, play for a bit, then back to the airport for a couple of landings. Here's about three minutes of video, shot with a single GoPro on a few different flights like this between January and April.

I'm really just starting to learn to use the GoPro and the editing software, it's kinda fun. Hopefully this captures a bit of how much I enjoy this airplane...

Doug

http://youtu.be/GkzNXXuwiYc

Looks like fun

Good job on the video, always a bit more effort to setup cameras , but so worth it.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks gentlemen, and Marine...;)

The quality of the GoPro is pretty remarkable for such a tiny device. It's a Hero 3 and it has wifi so I can control it from the cockpit. One thing to note was that while I had it on the belly next to the hangar I was able to turn it on normally, but once I moved out away from that big RF reflector the tablet couldn't see the wifi signal anymore. If I hadn't wanted a starting shot I would have found that out down in the runup area or maybe even later. It worked out fine though.

I reviewed the video again yesterday and had to have a laugh, the 'stache was only a Mustache March thing and it was getting pretty unruly by the time I shaved it off. My buddy Scott would approve though!

I'm about two weeks away from the one year anniversary of buying the airplane. I've put about 100 hours on it and have enjoyed it immensely!

Doug

Back