What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to do after fuselage ?

herve-RV7

I'm just wondering what to do after fuselage. I'm about half the way to finish the fuselage, and I have a motor stored in very good conditions in a very dry place, while my workshop is relatively humid. My logical conclusion is that I don't have to go too fast on the engine installation in order to avoid to expose the engine too much to humidity . I feel that maybe electrical, then panel and then canopy could be good next steps. I also try to consider cash management for the sequence definition. Any good suggestion/ recommandation based on experience would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

I did canopy then panel then engine/FWF. All worked out great in the end. You just have to pick a "technology point" for the panel and go with that. I dont know how warm your shop is right now but I'd consider doing the canopy next if you have the warmth. Otherwise I'd start running wires.

Just my 2 pennies. Good luck!

Because of the "technology point" I was going to do the panel last. Is exposing the enigine to humidity really an issue if it is properly pickled?

Back