What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to buy with 7A quickbuild Fuse/wings?

ncarmon

QB Fuse and wing coming in April. I want to get everthing I need for first 2 months of building. Here is the list I've but together of stuff I think I need. What else would you purchase now?

AeroElectric Connections
flightlineinteriors aileron boots
Grove Nose Wheel
Wing wiring Conduit
Rudder pedal 1 piece bolts
Pitot Static
Autopilot servos
Landing Light
Piot Stand-off
Nutplates and screws for wingtips
Stick Grips
Strobe and ELT mounts
Andair Valve fw 20 type 7
parking brake
heater valve
crotch strap kit
red/blue ring terminals
butt splices
snap bushings 1/4 - 5/8
Adele clamps 3,4,5,6, 12
Solenoids?

thanks,
N7NC

Brake lines / Fuel lines

Get all your brake lines and fuel lines from Bonaco. They will have standard kits available by next week, and you won't have to build any lines out of aluminum tubing, saving many hours of frustration and cussing!!

I've just finished replacing all of my messy alum tubing with their stainless braided teflon hoses and I love it! I'm out of town right now, but if you're interested, I'll email you pics later in the week when I get home.

Decide on your seat belts before you install your crotch strap kits. Hooker's use AN4 mounting bolts while others use AN5 bolts. I drilled my mounts for the larger bolts before I bought my Hooker Harness belts; so I now need to come up with a sleeve or ream out the belt mounting flange.

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A, finishing up, will be flying shortly

Back