What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

what part is this

HAL Pilot

Well Known Member
Found this and its twin on my shelf and have now gone through the wiki 3 times can not figure out where it goes. Unfortunately I removed the stickers. Any one recognize it?

Attachments

• 20231028_105251.jpg
    20231028_105251.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 257
I built a -9A, but it looks similar to fuselage side-panel reinforcement for the forward fuselage if I recall correctly.... Might be something else for a -14.

Hint for builders......

Found this and its twin on my shelf and have now gone through the wiki 3 times can not figure out where it goes. Unfortunately I removed the stickers. Any one recognize it?

Before you remove stickers, if the part isn't obvious, mark it somewhere on a flange with a felt tip marker.

Instrument panel reinforcement?

Does it go forward of the instrument panel?

Bellcrank mount?

Autopilot servo mount?

Last edited:
Before you remove stickers, if the part isn't obvious, mark it somewhere on a flange with a felt tip marker.

Agree. Would also recommend not removing labels until the part is ready to be installed/primed, etc.

As for the part, it does look like a sub-panel rib. It also could potentially be a flap actuator cover that fits between the seats.

Can you post a picture of the other side? I want to see if the flanges are rolled or straight.

Could it be the sub panel additional ribs from Advanced Flight Systems?

Brian,
I looked again and I think you might be right. Mine had similar hole patterns. Without much to compare in size it was kind of tough to tell.

Back