What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Length Rivets For the Short Ail. Pushrods

The correct length for any rivet is one that extends 1 1/2D beyond the part to be riveted before driving.

Use the gauge

I thought so also. I squeezed the first -12 in there and it cleated over BIG TIME. The -11's produced a much better shop head. Quite difficult to prevent cleating on these, especially if your holes are not dead-on centered.

OR, you could just weld the ends on there.

When in doubt, use the rivet length gauge, or measure the material and break out you calculator a la Chapter 5 in your builders manual.

hand squeezer

use the hand squeezer with the tube held in a padded vise and you can shoot even the -12's however most people use 11's i had a fit with these.

Last edited:
It sticks out almost a quarter inch with the -12, so I guess a -11 would be in order for this application.

math

1/8 x 1.5 is almost a 1/4 inch. and you have alot of unsupported rivet shank in the tube. just do what ever gets the correct shop head . if a 10 11 or 12 then go with what works for you. but as said before, tube in vise ,slow steady, coercing squeeze.

Last edited:
Back