What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is this?

Radioflyer

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me what this silver rectangular item is? Possibly an alternator condenser? The wiring disappeared into the wiring loom which I did not want to take apart to track further.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 459
its the grounding block for something thats for sure. Is there any tags on the wires that might aid in tracing it?

From memory in the nineties, I would say it looks like a voyage regulator for the Honda 35A alt from Vans? Used in the nineties Era?

Voltage regulator, still available, replaced one about 2 years ago. Should be a potted screw on the back side which allows you to tweak the output voltage.

VR-M150A.jpg

Looks like a voltage regulator out of an antique car or old tractor. Old enough that they stamped "NEG GRD" on it so you wouldn't install it on your antique positive ground vehicle by mistake. The voltage regulator on my old RV4 looked very similar.

Can anyone tell me what this silver rectangular item is? Possibly an alternator condenser? The wiring disappeared into the wiring loom which I did not want to take apart to track further.

Is that white Tefzel wire chafing against the steel-braid of the hose?

Regarding those connectors to the lower transducer...what's going on there? Looks like someone put female insulated terminals on the wire, then plugged them onto some sort of fabbed-up "male" tabs on the transducer? Instead of just using a ring terminal.

Voltage regulator, still available, replaced one about 2 years ago. Should be a potted screw on the back side which allows you to tweak the output voltage.

View attachment 52412

Bingo. Much appreciated.

The Tevzel wire over the braid is temporarily just lying there during maintenance. Good catch but no worries.

As to the lower transducer connectors...not my doing but works well enough. I have seen some of these transducers come with tabs attached and the original builder probably just opted to use them for whatever reason.

You guys are awesome...thanks.

Back