What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Fuel Pump do I need?

akabud

My fuel pump quit. The only number on it is 574A. I can't find that anywhere. The engine has Airflow Performance fuel injection so I need the correct pressure for that.
P1010058.JPG

Is that a high pressure furel pump??? Unless I'm missing something (and please correct me if I'm wrong) according to the info I've seen it's a low pressure pump and therefore I wouldn't recommend you simply replace like for like. That said there are heaps of these available online around the world. They're very common - but intended for carburetted engines.

If you're operating a fuel injected engine you should have a high pressure fuel pump. The system supplied by Airflow Performance is probably most suitable for your appplication. Go and have a look at their website... as a minimum you really need to install something like their electric Auxilary Fuel Pump.

As it appears you've been using the incorrect electric fuel pump you might want to check your engine-mounted mechanical fuel pump to make sure this is also a HP pump and not the standard LP pump. If it has the P/N: LW-15472, then it is incorrect.

I am a little confused though... was the engine possibly modified to fuel injection at some time after the aircraft construction was completed?

Back