What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What do you think of this panel?

N941WR

Legacy Member
This afternoon we took our son to the North Carolina Transportation Museum. While it is mostly dedicated to trains, they do have some aircraft, including a DC-3 they are restoring for static display.

One of the things that caught my son's attention was a cockpit mockup that he could sit in, flip switches, move the stick around, etc.

I wonder if the members of this forum can identify some of the items used in this cockpit.

2012-08-11_14-56-35_586.jpg

A lot of the stuff is from an F-16. Some of the panels and the MFD's. I can see the interior and exterior lighting panel, audio panel, ecs panel, b/u UHF radio, UFC, countermeasures panel. An old GM a/c control.

Last edited:
This afternoon we took our son to the North Carolina Transportation Museum. While it is mostly dedicated to trains, they do have some aircraft, including a DC-3 they are restoring for static display.

One of the things that caught my son's attention was a cockpit mockup that he could sit in, flip switches, move the stick around, etc.

I wonder if the members of this forum can identify some of the items used in this cockpit.

2012-08-11_14-56-35_586.jpg

The black panel directly in front of the stick looks like it came out of a '73 Ford Pinto (don't ask how I know...) :D

Back