What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you do with your RV this weekend? (June 15 and 16th 2024)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
… this weekend’s thread started. Performing side hustle duties all weekend, but it's a beautiful day here in N.TX. I suspect there is much RVating.
Kindest,
Doug

Last edited:
Flew a 9 hour loop up and down the East coast. With a few stops of course. Very dry hot weather today.

Attachments

• IMG_7158.jpeg
    IMG_7158.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7161.jpeg
    IMG_7161.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 77
Drove to L18 to get the Cub
Flew the Cub from L18 to RIR for breakfast
Flew the Cub from RIR to RNM to get the RV, and as a bonus got to show some friends the Cub.
Flew the RV to OKB for fuel
The fog was rolling into OKB so I left quickly after getting fuel, and headed back to RNM
Put the RV back in the hangar
Flew the Cub back to L18

Overall, a pretty great day!

IMG_2688.jpeg

I took one of my grandsons for a taxi ride to the gas pumps. My daughter went up with me but my grandson just got to taxi. He loved it and my daughter loved the flight!

Attachments

• IMG_7024.jpeg
    IMG_7024.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Usually when someone flies a route like that it's A drugs or B they are working on ATP mins
I guess you’ve never done a 1000 mile motorcycle ride in under 24 hours either…look it up it’s a thing…and yes I did that too. You can do endurance riding just like endurance flying and not for any specific reason other than to love flying.

Headed down to my first "fly in" event, O22's Father's Day fly in. It was great fun, and I was impressed at the size of the event and how organized it was. I look grouchy in the picture because I had just made a terrible approach to land and decided to go around, didn't realize I had a big audience on the ground watching my tomfoolery.

Attachments

• mpv-shot0001.jpg
    mpv-shot0001.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 79
Saturday - Flew to an EAA pancake breakfast at 9D4

Sunday - Flew up the Hudson corridor past New York City

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
We went to Vancouver BC for our nephew’s graduation. Six hours door to door vs. fifteen in the car, or nine via the airlines. And much better views.
GREAT Pictures Mike! Your Passenger in heavy Coat & Hoody, You in "Water Island" Hat & T-Shirt, all while outside the Canopy: SNOW Capped Mountains in background. True Adventurers!

Headed down to my first "fly in" event, O22's Father's Day fly in. It was great fun, and I was impressed at the size of the event and how organized it was. I look grouchy in the picture because I had just made a terrible approach to land and decided to go around, didn't realize I had a big audience on the ground watching my tomfoolery.

Looks like you are over Flaming Gorge of Utah.

GREAT Pictures Mike! Your Passenger in heavy Coat & Hoody, You in "Water Island" Hat & T-Shirt, all while outside the Canopy: SNOW Capped Mountains in background. True Adventurers!
Yeah, still chasing down cold air inflow from the back. The 787 comfort has spoiled her. If she'd only get her SEL add on and T/W sign off, she could enjoy the comfort of the front seat. ;)

Flew from CSG to YIP, stopping at LEX for fuel for a family get together on Sat in Michigan, returned to CSG on Sun. Here is a pic from the YIP to LEX return leg, CAVU.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
I've got an airline pilot friend who's lost his medical. Hopefully not forever, but in the interim, it's been rough for him. He's in the heart of the FAA's aeromedical meat grinder and things are looking bleak.

But he's a fan of Oregon kitplanes and Savannah bizjets, so what better medicine than hopping in an RV-6 and flying up to work for a tour of the jets? Afterward, we departed for lunch at the Waypoint Cafe in Camarillo. Stellar lunch experience there, as always...

...until it was time to leave. We were maybe number 15 in line and the tower was getting one plane out about every five minutes. You can do the math. He said the delay was worse than Airventure. I haven't been, so I can neither confirm nor deny. But I've never seen Foreflight's track log recording feature time out and shut itself off before. "Well obviously you're not going flying!"

Eventually we made it to the front of the line and had a very pleasant flight home, but boy I got a good look at exactly how hot the oil and CHTs get during an extended ground delay.

--Ron

1cb0fd3d-b4ca-48f5-a5d8-ba8a1225e4a2.JPEG

Friday morning, time to go home. Roughly 1750 nautical miles, Cavanaugh Bay, Idaho to 08A, one day. Had to do an end run around the weather.

Run for home.jpg

Hopped over to Columbia Airport (O22) on Saturday for the Father's Day Fly-In.
Surprisingly well attended. Got my kettle corn, but hot dog stand was sold out!

4TN3 to Virginia Beach, VA and back for Father’s Day.

Testing out the new O2D2 system
IMG_2011.jpeg

Did a little fishing in the Chesapeake
IMG_4498.jpeg

Went to a small airshow at the Military Aviation museum
IMG_2020.jpeg

Spent some quality time with my ladies
IMG_2025.jpeg

Back