What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you do with your RV this "weekend" (12/22 - 12/25'ish)

SPX

Well Known Member
Sponsor
What did you do with your RV, or your RV kit this holiday weekend? Where did it take you for Christmas? What out of town guests did you give rides to?

Saturday, I had plans to go visit friends about 180 miles north for a few hours. But the weather was crummy along the route, so I opted to go grab a breakfast sandwich instead, just 30 miles south of me.

Had a great flight along the coast. Good enough weather to fly, and because of the somewhat low clouds, the SoCal sky wasn't as busy as usual.

Attachments

• TorreyPines.jpg
    TorreyPines.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 113
Lil’ Dude helped me finish up our condition inspection. He is now the official screw starter, took a lot of trust cuz that’s a lot of screws and a lot of nooks and crannies to drop them in. Thanks to Walt for the inspection checklist I’ve been using for over 10 years, keeps track of things for me and helps keep Lil’ dude engaged in the process. One of his favorite parts was the ELT system and test, my favorite part was all of it……..

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 122
Flew up to the in-law's on Christmas day, and back today. Very quiet skies for SoCal yesterday.

Sky Designs Alum Gear/Intersection Fairings

Installed my Christmas present (gear legs that Ken and Susan sent my way) earlier this month, and working on the fuse intersection fairings.

Fiberglass is fun! 🤩

Laird

Happy New Year everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_7689.jpg
    IMG_7689.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 96
Explored a new location in the middle of nowhere. Bathroom on site. Bill Cloughley knows where it is :)

Attachments

• Irish Canyon - 1.jpeg
    Irish Canyon - 1.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 546
  • Irish Canyon - 1 (2).jpeg
    Irish Canyon - 1 (2).jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 569
Of course. Took a couple minutes to inspect the canyon for cars :D

Attachments

• Irish Canyon - 1 (3).jpeg
    Irish Canyon - 1 (3).jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 471