What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Cylinder do i have?

QuixoteAg

Well Known Member
Patron
Engine is an O-360-A4J converted to IO-360-A4J with a hollow crank. just pulled the #1 cylinder and the ID plate on the cylinder says 68732 EQ3 on the left and AS 0 on the right

080WLz0_-eTBtQHNE6xp-z76Q

Cylinders are chromed :) and the engine looks like it has never been run - pickled about 20 years ago.

are these the correct cylinders for the engine is my question.

Thanks.

Further ID on the Jug is a stamp in the cylinder head of 75868 which i THINK is a cylinder for a 320?

You are likely looking at casting marks and info. The head for a 320 and parallel valve 360 are the same. The only difference between the two is the barrel length. The 320 barrels being shorter than the 360. It is absolutely possible to have the same casting information on a 320 or 360 cylinder head. For this reason, most Lycoming cylinder P/N's were on the barrel flanges not the head. Not always the case as when cylinders were overhauled many numbers could have been etched or scribed into cylinder heads. Also, different manufactures used different identifying systems but that wouldn't apply in you case as the casting information supplied indicates the heads were Lycoming manufacture..
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Back