What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What color should the roll bar match?

Barneybc12d

Well Known Member
I am painting and assembling the interior on my 14A. Should the roll bar match the interior or the top of the fuselage?
1z1wml3.jpg

I painted my roll bar the same color as the interior trim. Didn't give much consideration to visual obstructions the color might enhance or not but I really don't notice during flight.

IMG_0156.JPG

A muted dark color is best. I like charcoal grey, it virtually disappears under the plexy canopy. If you paint it a light or bright color it will stand out like the handle on a basket.

Martin Sutter
Building and Flying RV's since 1988

In reference to Paul K's post abve please note that the 14 has a tip up canopy. It' s roll bar is about 4" wide and will be quite noticeable if painted light color.

Martin Sutter

I painted the roll bar to match the interior and then painted the canopy to match the exterior.

DSCN240020121_zpsbvlpcl7p.jpg

A muted dark color is best. I like charcoal grey, it virtually disappears under the plexy canopy. If you paint it a light or bright color it will stand out like the handle on a basket.

I agree. The bird looks sleeker if the roll bar is minimally visible. :D

Back