What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What’s it worth

g zero

Well Known Member
15 year old IO360 Zero Since New , has crank AD . Has mags , starter , flywheel .
What does a crank go for now days ?
What’s the Engine worth as it sits ?

15 year old IO360 Zero Since New , has crank AD . Has mags , starter , flywheel .
What does a crank go for now days ?
What’s the Engine worth as it sits ?
IO360 parallel valve (180 HP) or angle valve (200 HP)
has crank AD? Does this mean that there is an AD that has not been complied with on the crank? What is the AD number so we can look it up?
15 year old Zero Since New. How and where was it stored?

I am not sure that I would pay core value ($5K) for it based on the info that I have as I type this. Too many RED flags. (I have also not keep up with current increasing prices but would need to see and inspect with borescope before I would pay anything.)

Sorry I am unable to say that it is worth its weight in gold.

AD 2012-19-01
Lycoming MSB 569A
Parallel Valve 180 hp
Probably stored in a warehouse, external looks like new , no corrosion on hardware .
Internal… no clue .

AD dates to 2008 so it might not affect that engine. Get a list of engine serial numbers and check. AD affected about 1100 engines, most in Robinson helicopters. Considering that the parallel valve 360's date to early 60's that is a recent engine by my standards. AD had to do with the manufacturing process. If the AD doesn't apply that engine is worth a lot if its been stored properly.

Back