What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WH-RV12-OPTIONAL Wiring Harness

MartySantic

Well Known Member
Page 31-07, Step 7.

Looking at the MAIN DB-25 pin connector on the WH-RV12-OPTIONAL harness. There is a white-black wire and a orange wire with female pins attached that are NOT inserted in the DB-25 connector. The wires are just hanging. Jim Cone saw the same.

Should these be left out of the DB-25. If NOT, in what pin locations should the two wires be inserted.

Traced the wires and they are a part of the future autopilot servo harness. There is an orange and a white black wire in this 7 wire AUTOPILOT SERVO harness. Page 31-09, Step 8. Checked with a DVM and there is continuity.

The same wires continue to the tail.

So they most likely SHOULD be inserted into a location on the MAIN DB-25.

Marty,

I asked that very question of Van's and they said, leave em alone they are for future possibilities. ?????

After you heatshrink, it is darn hard to insert the pin without stressing the wires. In fact, my orange wire is too short (will have to splice a short extension). If Van's tells me to leave them, I will cut off the pins, extend both wires about 0.5"-1" and coil them up in the DB-25. That way I will be able to attach a pin and put it anywhere.

Van's should have an answer now. Thought someone mentioned the proto has the autopilot installed?? Yes??

Received the following response from Gus at Van's.

"These wires are left unconnected, they may be needed for future changes to the Dynon. The wires are for Re-Dundant DSAB on future Dynon products. DSAB is Dynons own internal data tranfer protocol much like RS232. In the future both Data and Power etc will all be transferred on two wires between all Dynon units."

So I will leave them unconnected but have to extend at least one of them. This will allow me to heatshrink and then reach all of the locations in the DB-25. Will coil up the wires in the DB-25 hood.

Back