What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WH-00020 Autopilot D37 Connector

Bob Ross

I may be crazy but it seems that my WH-00020 harness has a D37 Sub connector labled "AUTOPILOT" (purple). I also have a D37 from harness WH-00025 labled AUTOPILOT. Which one do I plug into the AV-50000A control unit? What should I do with the other?:(

Thanks?

Bob

The answer to your question depends on if you had the older original main fuselage and options harnesses (i.e. pre-Skyview) or the newer one. They seem to include in the "package" one that you may not need if you installed the original harnesses. Call Vans is the easiest answer.

Add me to your situation, Bob. I was just preparing a question to the group. Two blue plugs both labeled Autopilot and both fitting nicely into the AV50000A - but one has no home. I have spent many hours with the Wiring Diagram (including several today) trying to find a home for the homeless orphan, Whichever one that is....

I'll wait for your Vans feedback.

Bob Bogash
N737G

P.S. I have other orphans floating around that cockpit - great Cuggily Muggily.

I ended up with an orphaned WH-00025. It had the big connector on one and and a Molex, ostensibly for the disconnect switch, on the other. I had just spliced the disconnect switch onto the other Autopilot harness, so assumed the WH-00025 was not needed for my installation. I have performed a casual test of the autopilot at this point and everything worked as expected, so I suspect that I was fine with not using the extra harness.

Autopilot Connector Mystery Solved

Skyview Updaters:

It appers that the "extra" D37 sub connector was not coming from the WH-00020 harness. It is coming from the WH00026 Option conversion harness. This is the D37 Sub that connects to the AV50000 control unit. The WH-00025 Autopilot harness in not used! Simply follow the steps on page 31-07 and then 42D-27.:)

I hope this helps.

Bob

Back