What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wetumpka (08A) Chapter 822 Fly-In

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Our annual EAA Chapter 822 Fly-In, Airport Open House, and Young Eagles Day will be Saturday April 28th.

08A is just north of Montgomery; 9-27 3000ft paved, 18-36 grass. It ain't Oshkosh, but that's not all bad.

Expect a LOT of Young Eagles traffic, so make your arrivals conservative please. Food, drink, and fuel will be available. I'll be working the flightline crew. Look for the tall guy on the green 4-wheeler and wave me down.

Last edited:
BUMP...

Beautiful weather in Alabama tomorrow. Allow me to recommend the perfect RV day......

Get up early, buzz on over to Wetumpka (08A) for our Airport Open House. Spend a few hours with us, shoot the breeze, and watch the other arrivals.

About 10 Central, saddle up and head for the BBQ at Taylorsville, about 40 minutes by RV. Jeff Rhodes and his family really know how to cook a pig, and they serve at 12 Eastern.

Good weather, a dawn patrol, two sport aviation airports, and a full belly.....can it get any better?

Sounds like a great event

Wish it was closer! That's a nice airport with a huge picture of the RV-1 in its FBO lobby. I'm afraid we'll have to settle for crawfish here in Texas. Afterall, it is one of the two only months of generally nice weather in Houston and who wants to leave home this month? (The other is October.)

Back