What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Well, It Was My Turn Tonight.....

Geico266

Well Known Member
I started working on the wings, and got to the point were I'm working on the nose ribs. There were 2 piles so I ASSUMED they were 1208-L & 1208-R. WRONG! :mad: They were mated togeather L&R ribs togeather. I ended up scraping 8 ribs. :(:(:(

That was a $125 opps. :cool:

Live & learn, reorder, and build on.

I started working on the wings, and got to the point were I'm working on the nose ribs. There were 2 piles so I ASSUMED they were 1208-L & 1208-R. WRONG! :mad: They were mated togeather L&R ribs togeather. I ended up scraping 8 ribs. :(:(:(

That was a $125 opps. :cool:

Live & learn, reorder, and build on.

Geico... You can see from my posts and blog that I have plenty of mess ups myself. When I start to remove the blue film from a part, I often mark the part number or handedness on the piece with a sharpie pen. When I dry fit a rib I look at the spar and make sure the holes line up with the spar. This becomes more important when you realize that both left and right ribs are used on say the left wing!

Jeff

Geico... You can see from my posts and blog that I have plenty of mess ups myself. When I start to remove the blue film from a part, I often mark the part number or handedness on the piece with a sharpie pen. When I dry fit a rib I look at the spar and make sure the holes line up with the spar. This becomes more important when you realize that both left and right ribs are used on say the left wing!

Jeff

I ran into this on the -10 rework I did. The left and right wing ribs are just the direction of the flange. they are both used on both wings.

Oh well, if that is the worst thing that happens today then life is good.

Back