What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weld-On 10 required in Europe!

Michael Wellenzohn

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Hi,

don't want to spark another discussion what else to use except for Weld-10 to glue in the windows on the RV-10.

I am now at the point to get ready to do this but I cannot get any Weld-On 10 in Europe. I got one contact from the company IPS in Italy but no one answered my calls or mails so far.
Does anyone know where to get it?
Van's and others don't ship via airfraight since it is labeled as hazardous material.

In case I really cannot get it please let me know (only those who are flying)
what you used and if you encountered any issues so far.

Thanks for your help
Michael

Living in Eastern Canada, I had to get ours from California. Wasn't available in Canada I'm told and California ended up being the easiest. That's almost as far as Europe but at least they could truck it for us. The American's complain on freight cost, crossing a border over doubles that cost in freight and brokerage. Not to mention the added time frame. You probably have it worst.

source in California??

Can you direct me to the source you used in California?

Thanks

Weld On 10

Im not sure if the information will be of any use as the product detailed below is apparantley a very similar product to Weld on 10 but as far as I know its not approved as such. I did send these details to Van's directly some time ago after hearing the problems of the availability and use of Weld on 10 in europe. The text below is an extract from an email I recieved from Eurobond adhesives. This may be some help!

"Penloc VT is available in 50ml and 400ml cartridges. I would imagine the 50ml would me more suitable and easier to handle for your application. The price information is as follows.
Quantity 1- 5 cartridges = ?9.45p per cartridge
Quantity 6-11 cartridges = ?8.75p per cartridge
Quantity Box of 12 cartridges = ?8.00 per cartridge.
3" static mixer nozzles are ?0.40p each.
CBM25 applicating gun is ?18.25p each.

Prices quoted are subject to the addition of vat and carriage. I hope this information is sufficient for your immediate needs.

Simon Dearing
Managing Director

Eurobond Adhesives Ltd
Bonham Drive
Eurolink Industrial Estate
Sittingbourne
Kent
ME10 3RY

Tel +44 (0)1795 427888
Fax +44 (0)1795 479685
www.eurobond-adhesives.co.uk"

epoxo 88

Epoxo 88 is FAA approved structural epoxy for some applications. This is what I used because weld 10 had no mil spec I could find. It worked perfectly for the windows and adhesion of fibeglass to the metal structure. Check out my website for pictures http://myrvaircraft.com

Back