What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weird problem with G295 wired in to the panel

cjensen

Well Known Member
I put the fuses in my blocks yesterday, one by one, and when I got to the 295, it powered up, but pretty close to immediately, it went in to this "Lost external power" loop. About a second after the window pops up telling me that message, it goes away for about a second, then pops open the window again. It will do this over and over again until I either unplug it, remove the fuse, or power it down with the power button.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start with this one?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

This may or may not be help, but I let my 495 battery go completely flat and it gave me similar side effects. Once I plugged it in to AC charger and charged up the battery, it went back to normal operation.

Update...I found the problem! It just so happens that the first time I turned on the 295 while plugged in to ship's power, the PC680 had dropped to 9V's (multiple LED light show-off's and Enigma setup prior to me doing this ;) drained the battery a bit) and the 295 couldn't figure out whether to switch to battery power or stay with ship's power. I pulled the battery today to put it on a trickle charge all day, and the 295 now powers up just fine with ship's power.

So I guess I know where the 295 will start to switch now! :rolleyes::cool:

Back