What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance

n348pb

Does anyone have, or know of, an app for an iphone/ipad that we can use for weight and balance? I have one on my computer that I use to generate various scenerios but it would really be handy to have one that is portable.

I have one that my wife made up in Excel, and have it on a PDA.

I can send the Excel file to you if you want.

Mike,
I appreciate the offer but I have an Excel program as well but it won't run from a download on my iphone or ipad. I think that is because they don't have that program on them. I don't have a clue as to what needs to be done.

Numbers

Hi.
I did the same thing but by using numbers app.
It's e same as excell for the mac/ ipad.
I did it for my rv-10 .
The apps is 9 or 10 $ and you don't need to have it on you computer. You can do everything on the ipad/iphone

Lan vinh do

Bill,

For $10 you can d/l Numbers from the Apple store. Numbers is the Apple spreadsheet and works with Mac's and with the iPad but with fewer features. I've got a Numbers spreadsheet on my iPad for doing W&B on my Cherokee (and will do it on my 9A when it's done ...if that day ever comes). I can't imagine it won't do what you want for a W&B.

Pilot Wizz on iPhone

Does anyone have, or know of, an app for an iphone/ipad that we can use for weight and balance?

I have an app called Pilot Wizz on my iPhone that has a weight and balance function. Once you enter details of your plane and W&B envelope, you can enter changes in pilot/passenger/baggage/fuel weights and it shows where you are graphically in user defined limits.
I like it for quick checks.

I have been using a free iPhone weight and balance program created by RV VAF member Glen Salmon. It's called Weight and Balance. Easiest to find it on the web here: http://6472.us/wb/#home

Once it is loaded you can run it without an internet connection. It remembers the previously loaded data.

Use your iPhone Safari web browser and type in: http://6472.us/wb/#home

Click the save icon at the bottom of the page and select "Add to Home Screen"

Once you enter your data the page works great without an internet connection.

Disclaimer - I do not know Glen Salmon but the program works great for my RV-6. It's free, give it a try and verify the numbers using another program if you are not sure about the results.

thanks

Thanks for the reference to Glen's weight and balance program for iPhone or iPad. I like it because it is simple and easy. I have been using PilotWiz which is okay if you want to use the other features also but most of the time I just want to have a W & B on hand in case I am ramp checked. This is an easy way to get the job done.

Greg Hale has a nice W&B program for the RV10 here. It will also work for other models, I believe. As usual, Greg did a very nice job on this, and he let's us use it for free.:)

RV10 use

I use Glen'a W&B program on the iPad for an RV10 by using the Fwd. baggage field as back seat passagers weight. There are 3 baggage fields, use one for passagers. Works good, simple easy and cheap.

Search on the Apple App Store for "Weight Balance - Advanced Flight Systems." It seems AFS has quitely developed the same app that is in their EFIS for the iPad. It is a bit rough but interesting.

Back