What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance

Bart

Well Known Member
How have folks weighed their RV-10? I don't have any roll on scales has anyone come up with a clever way to weigh?

Accuracy Avionics DVD Player

Sorry, I meant to add this one by itself....but if you know thanks. What is the amp draw is on the DVD player that came with the overhead console sold by accuracy avionics? Also if you have installed this copnsole how did you wire the DVD sound into the audio panel?

Last edited:
Hi Bart

I suppose that one of the "cleverest" ways is to borrow a set of race car digital scales. Also check with the closest EAA chapters for anyone that might have a set....they're very accurate, BTW.

Auto parts stores generally know who is racing in the community....those scales read each individual wheel and the sum total...nice, as long as you're sure that the airplane is sitting level when you weigh.

Regards,

Auto parts stores generally know who is racing in the community....those scales read each individual wheel and the sum total...nice, as long as you're sure that the airplane is sitting level when you weigh.
Yep. Cars with coilover suspension setups can adjust the height, and thus the weight, at each corner. Scales are used for "corner balancing" and are pretty darn accurate.

For those of you in N TX and Ok, doesn't Avery have a set for rent?

TODR

I rented some decent (load-cell based) scales from a local industrial supply place to do my -7A. Dan Checkoway also has a "weigh my plane" service if you happen to be in his general area - check his web site.

erich

Back