What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance Update

Larry

Weight and Balance and EAA inspection complete. Watch your clearance on aileron push rods at wing trailing edge. The plane weighs 1047 with no paint or wheel pants. Fix pitch, carborated, Skyteck starter and one lightspeed on a O-320. Waiting DAR, taking my time, making sure all is well. :)

Larry
N72NJ

Larry,

Thanks for posing this info, could you answer a few questions?

Is that a -9 or -9A? IFR, VFR, night VFR? Where is the CG? wood or alumninum prop?

Just did my W&B again at my annual inspection a couple weekends ago, and N9612S came up to 1072. Its an 0-320, day/night VFR with single axis A/P. painted, with catto 3 bladed prop. Weight included headsets and tools.

Brian,

Thanks for the info.

Where did your CG come out?

I'm thinking the -9A's don't have the same W&B issue as the -7A's but would like to see some more data.

Bill

N941WR said:
Brian,

Thanks for the info.

Where did your CG come out?

I'm thinking the -9A's don't have the same W&B issue as the -7A's but would like to see some more data.

Bill

Sorry, had to wait until I got home to get this. Here it is:

Right Wheel 414
Left Wheel 410
Nose Wheel 247 Total 1072
Empty CG = 78.57 aft of datum
Acceptable CG Range = 77.95 to 84.84 in aft of datum

Here's my most AFT CG with my wife and I:

Item Weight
Aircraft 1,072
Fuel (36 gal) 216
Pilot 225
Passenger 125
Baggage 109

Total 1,747
CG: 83.89
2 Gal Fuel CG 84.83

The prop is Van's recommended metal Sensenich. Right is 386 lbs, Left is 395 lbs, Nose is 266, CG is 77.08 empty. Panel is Night VFR. No tools or headsets.

Larry N72NJ

Back