What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Web Sites

JEG

Can anyone give information as to how long Jerry Greenberg's , and Slane's web sites will be available for viewing. Lots of great pictures . Maybe a person should print all and file for future reference. John

I do not know the answer and would like to backup my blogspot.com RV-12 build log locally to my hard drive and then ultimately to CD/DVD. If anyone knows how to do this, please let us know.

backing up blogspot

I do not know the answer and would like to backup my blogspot.com RV-12 build log locally to my hard drive and then ultimately to CD/DVD. If anyone knows how to do this, please let us know.

Backing up your blogspot posts:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/07/tool-for-backing-up-blogger-blog.html

Make a site available for offline viewing (in case those good building sites disappear one day, you have a local copy):

http://www.httrack.com/ (free software)

Last edited:
I use KitLog Pro software to document my build. It builds a MS Access database on your hard drive, then copies it to the website. So if the website ever goes away, you still have the database on your hard drive. For additional safety, I back up the hard drive to tape.

Backing up Hard Drive

Another option for backing up the hard drive is to buy a second hard drive. Hard drive prices have dropped enough to make this option affordable. The new hard drive does not have to be installed permanently. It can be laid outside of the computer case as long as the cables can be plugged in. The new SATA cables make this easy. There are also USB external hard drives for those who do not want to take the cover off from their computer. For those builders intending to register as amateur built, backing up pictures is essential. The second hard drive can be stored in a remote location, such as a hangar, so that a fire or tornado will not destroy both hard drives at once. Some extra cautious people even have two backup hard drives.
Joe

Back