What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weather is just too good...

PH-SCP

Well Known Member
Central European weather has been under the influence of high pressure for weeks, great flying weather. We try to have as much fun as legally possible...

These pictures were taken somewhere over Germany on our way back home to Maastricht...

Beautiful!

Simon,

I see those pics and then I see where you're from and it takes me back. I was stationed at Geilenkirchen, working NATO AWACS back in the 80's and early 90's. Wish I could get back over there again. Looks like beautiful flying weather!

Ron

Last edited:
Hi guys,
These pictures were taken from Pelican PH-CAQ which belongs to a friend of mine. It is powered by a Jabiru 2200 and I had to slow down quite a lot to fly at the same speed, hence the 15 degrees of flap.

Pictures were taken about 15 miles southeast of Geilenkirchen Rob.
Last week Geilenkirchen celebrated the farewell of their last 707 TCA aircraft.
Pictures here:

http://www.mst-aviation.nl/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28649

Germany is a great place to fly, landing fees are very low, compared to the Dutch airports, people are friendly and there's always great food around !
Landing at Dahlemer-Binz was EUR 4,40, at Bitburg EUR 6,00. Landing at Maastricht is EUR 26,00 including EUR 10,00 for ATC....:mad:

Nice pictures!

Hey Simon,

We should also do this, some time soon..... I also want such nice pictures to show off to everybody!:rolleyes:

Don't pay any attention to Joeri's jokes about RT, I always understand Maastricht Tower very well,..... when I listen very carefully:D

The Landing fees in Maastricht are indeed the reason that I never landed on the closest airport to my home field, in 10 years!

Groeten, Tonny.

We can do that.....

Hey Simon,

We should also do this, some time soon..... I also want such nice pictures to show off to everybody!:rolleyes:

Don't pay any attention to Joeri's jokes about RT, I always understand Maastricht Tower very well,..... when I listen very carefully:D

The Landing fees in Maastricht are indeed the reason that I never landed on the closest airport to my home field, in 10 years!

Groeten, Tonny.

My buddy has professional photogear and he can make some nice shots, we can do a photoshoot without any problem !

Back