What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WD-421 bolt on QB wings

Sig600

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get the aileron bell crank (WD-421) mounted up, and the mounting brackets are already mounted on the QB wings. Question I have is I can't figure out how to get the bolt through and mount it on the brackets. Spar in the way on one side, skin on the other.

Looks like I can back to bolts out as their mounted on nut plates, no hardware on the back, however I won't be able to get a wrench on the mount bolts because the bell crank will be in the way to resecure.

What am I missing here????

Just did that a couple of days ago. Although I've got SB wings and the bottom skins are off, an extension on the ratchet made it easy to reattach the 4 bolts straight from above on the bellcrank brackets after inserting the long bolt. Might have to disconnect the pushrods and rotate the bellcrank out of the way?

Am I correct that if I unbolt the mounting brackets that they're bolted into plate nuts, and there's no hardware on the back side that will fall away?

I'll reattack tomorrow getting them on there. One task at a time... right? :D

Am I correct that if I unbolt the mounting brackets that they're bolted into plate nuts, and there's no hardware on the back side that will fall away?

Yes, they're bolted into platenuts that are attached to the tie down hardware on the other side of the spar web from the bellcrank brackets.

Correct.

That is correct Sig. You must take the bellcrank bracket off in order to slide bolt through the bellcrank. Then retorque the bracket bolts back on. There is only a nutplate on the other side of the spar.

Back