What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Washer Call-outs, 9A brake line

N858JK

Folks,
I need to order some hardware (or find where I put them in the shop!) but I don't have dwg 36A with me. I am looking for the part number of the washers (they were added as R2 to the drawing) that sit under the 45 degree and 90 degree AN brake line fittings that mount to the firewall on a 9A. Also, what is the best sealant to use on AN pipe fitting threads?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray-

If I remember correctly, I couldn't find those washer in the kit, perhaps because they were added as part of a dwg revision. I just ordered from Spruce (with a larger order) rather than bother with Van's. I think the size is called out somewhere (maybe look on the tailwheel version dwg), but if no one has responded by the time I get home I'll check the size/part number.

Regarding lube for the pipe threads in the break system. Others have more expertise on this than I do, but I've had two recommendations given me by A&P types: the first is just to use EZ Turn fuel lube, the other is for Bakerseal (which is a teflon-based sealant). Just be sure to keep whatever you use away from the first couple of threads to prevent contamination of your brake fluid. Of course, this just applies to your NPT threads--remember to do the flared fittings dry.

Steve,
Thanks. I'm at the office on a slow day and was going to do just as you suggested; place an order with Spruce when I discovered I did not have the dwg with me! No problem. If someone else can post it between now and the end of the day, cool! If not, I'll order after dinner!
Ray

Thanks. These forums never cease to amaze me. It's as if you are connected to all the RV knowledge in the world, in real time!

Back