What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted - Hangar Space in Charleston, SC

TomVal

Well Known Member
We are looking for hangar space for our RV8 in the Charleston area.

We purchased a condo on Daniel Island in June of last year and are planning to spend about six months a year in Charleston. My RV8 is in San Diego, however, I don't want to bring it to Charleston without a hangar being available. Preferably, I would like to share hangar space with someone. I would be willing to pay rent year round if the rent is within reasonable limits.

I am on the hangar waiting lists at Goose Creek and John's Island. I visited Summerville airport, but I didn't find anyone to talk to about airport hangar leases.

I also visited East Cooper airport in Mount Pleasant. There was in fact two hangars available for lease, but the rents were out of sight.

If anyone has any leads on available hangar space, please PM me.

Thanks,

Tom,
I am getting ready to move to Summerville (DYB) airport. I managed to land a share deal with a glider driver. He keeps his glider trailer in the hangar, and I will keep my -8 along side it. It took me awhile to find such a deal. I would say that Summerville is where you want to search...it probably seemed like a dead airport while you were visiting, but there is actually a pretty good collection of experimentals out there. We will have two 8's, two 7's and several other interesting bi-planes and so forth. I will do some asking around about a possible share deal for you. You will love living in the Charleston area except for the sweltering heat, mosquitos, hurricanes, and earthquakes...seriously, you won't find a nicer bunch of folks. Charleston has been voted the most polite city in America for many years running...you can also spend a lifetime studying the history of the area...amazing
Let me do some asking around for you and see if I can turn anything up... with the addition of your -8, we will have a flight of five once mine is up.

Tom,
I am getting ready to move to Summerville (DYB) airport. I managed to land a share deal with a glider driver. He keeps his glider trailer in the hangar, and I will keep my -8 along side it. It took me awhile to find such a deal. I would say that Summerville is where you want to search...it probably seemed like a dead airport while you were visiting, but there is actually a pretty good collection of experimentals out there. We will have two 8's, two 7's and several other interesting bi-planes and so forth. I will do some asking around about a possible share deal for you. You will love living in the Charleston area except for the sweltering heat, mosquitos, hurricanes, and earthquakes...seriously, you won't find a nicer bunch of folks. Charleston has been voted the most polite city in America for many years running...you can also spend a lifetime studying the history of the area...amazing
Let me do some asking around for you and see if I can turn anything up... with the addition of your -8, we will have a flight of five once mine is up.

Don,

Thanks for taking a look at hangar space for me.

We actually lived in Charleston 33 years ago. I was serving in the military then. Many moons ago, I had gotten my CFI at the old Summerville airport. My wife and I always wanted to return to Charleston, so last summer while visiting, I called her bluff and put money down on a condo. If it weren't for the grand kids in San Diego, we would live full time in Charleston.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

How much?

So what is the going rate for hangars in the Charleston area for each airport? Future residents want to know.

I have seen $250 on up...best to work out a share deal if possible. The biggest problem is finding one, then the next biggest problem is paying for it...

Back