What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted: Four more

Funny, I saw a magazine ad about “total performance kitplanes” while studying in our F16 weapons vault while stationed in Japan in 88’. I ordered a video from the small company in OR followed soon thereafter by a RV4 tail kit. Nearly 40 yrs later several thousand hours and numerous adventures later my sentiments never wavered. Despite life challenges, I have always maintained that the RV4 was the perfect personal aircraft (until I can afford an F16) :)
I told Van once at a flyin He could have avoided making higher numbered RVs after the Four. He smiled and said he’d think about it but “what would my marketing plan look like without a SBS nose wheel airplane…:)
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have alot to consider now, very appreciative of this group and my friend DR for maintaining this platform!
I will have another RV4…

V/R
Smokey

Funny, I saw a magazine ad about “total performance kitplanes” while studying in our F16 weapons vault while stationed in Japan in 88’. I ordered a video from the small company in OR followed soon thereafter by a RV4 tail kit. Nearly 40 yrs later several thousand hours and numerous adventures later my sentiments never wavered. Despite life challenges, I have always maintained that the RV4 was the perfect personal aircraft (until I can afford an F16) :)
I told Van once at a flyin He could have avoided making higher numbered RVs after the Four. He smiled and said he’d think about it but “what would my marketing plan look like without a SBS nose wheel airplane…:)
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have alot to consider now, very appreciative of this group and my friend DR for maintaining this platform!
I will have another RV4…

V/R
Smokey
You know that no one is going to sell you an RV-4 as soon as you start comparing it with an F-16 :)

I've had mine for 35 years now and never found a reason to separate from her. Welcome back! 1990 and more recent.

Attachments

• 20150907_103926.jpg  RV4 and Hans 1990.jpg
    20150907_103926.jpg RV4 and Hans 1990.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • 20150907_101810.jpg RV4 and Hans 2017.jpg
    20150907_101810.jpg RV4 and Hans 2017.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Wanted to buy RV4, flyable, or not, issues what have you no worries. I’ve built a four and and a six so …I’d be a good caretaker, familiar etc.
Shoot me an email with what you have!

[email protected]

V/R
Smokey
I’ve only flown the -4, got my first tv ride in the factory 6 “0ld blue” courtesy of the man himself at Oshkosh in 1988. Did fly a -7 around the pattern in right seat once so that hardly qualifies. But compared to the 4 it was a pig. Had a Tiger, a Mooney, and a T6 since but still allow the 4 is the most pure fun. The T6 was close but then again it was never practical. Still flying my 4 since 1997. I’ll never sell it until I can’t fly anymore and even then I might just decide to be buried in it. It wouldn’t be fair to her seeing no one else has ever flown in the front seat but me.

I should note the picture was from 1990 but Miss Fusion's first flight occurred on June 6th, 1989, at 0600 over APA. I regret my missing her birthday this year due to other pressing matters. We did fly to Leadville several days ago and visited with Matt at the newer FBO. I regaled him with stories of the old FBO building that was perched on a bluff above the apron and the two gals that operated the airport in the early 90's. They always had coffee and cookies available, and Mary and I frequently visited them in winter when the mountains were covered in a deep layer of snow.

Back