What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted: Brake pad backing plates for rv7/rv9

Mdragon

I am looking to get a spare set of the above to allow me to have pads ready to go when I change them. If anyone has a an extra set collecting dust, I would want them.

Thanks

Marc

Brand of brakes might help your search…Cleveland are expensive. Matco not as much.

Also, if anyone has the part number for said backing plates would appreciate it. Not on Vans website, and can't find on Matco website.

Also, if anyone has the part number for said backing plates would appreciate it. Not on Vans website, and can't find on Matco website.
Just buy another set of pads, the backing plates come with them, then when you've worn them out, you can start your rotation.

The only thing I have found are refit kits, not pads with backing plates. Is there a source for the pads premounted to backing plates?

The only thing I have found are refit kits, not pads with backing plates. Is there a source for the pads premounted to backing plates?
Find the brake assembly number on you Van's packing list....or on the brake assembly itself. Go to Matco's tech support/installation and assembly drawings page:

Under Brake Assemblies find your brake assembly p/n, and select it to bring up the brake asm exploded drawing. Somewhere in there are the Matco backing plate part numbers. Search for the part numbers on the Matco site......and something like this will pop up:

YOUR BACKING PLATE PART NUMBERS MAY BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE EXAMPLE ABOVE. But, you get the idea on how to find them (and even order them) from the Matco site.

From Matco site - I bought a pair of these (linings with shoes) years ago and am very happy with them, use just like you wanted as a hot spare ready to just replace as an assembly - reline at my convenience. My RV-7 uses the std Matco wheels & brakes so I think this is correct p/n - however never hurts to check direct with a phone call to Matco's excellent tech support person.
SWFT-1E - SwiftLine Kit for BE5 Brake (External Caliper)

Just buy another set of pads, the backing plates come with them, then when you've worn them out, you can start your rotation.
If your buying pads with backing plates installed you're doing it all wrong.

From Matco site - I bought a pair of these (linings with shoes) years ago and am very happy with them, use just like you wanted as a hot spare ready to just replace as an assembly - reline at my convenience. My RV-7 uses the std Matco wheels & brakes so I think this is correct p/n - however never hurts to check direct with a phone call to Matco's excellent tech support person.
SWFT-1E - SwiftLine Kit for BE5 Brake (External Caliper)
Thanks man! Exactly what I'm looking for.

Back